Alpha Brain is one of the most popular nootropic supplements available today. Not only is it approved by thousands of people in nootropic communities, but itâ€™s got the backing of several high-profile individuals. Joe Rogan is known to approve of Alpha Brain.
However, just because one of the funniest guys in the world approves of Alpha Brain doesnâ€™t mean that it comes without any side effects. Itâ€™s important to address all sides of a supplement before you decide to use it, and this goes for Alpha Brain, as well. There are a few different ingredients in the product, and each individual ingredient may or may not cause side effects or interactions based on whatever other supplements youâ€™re using at the time.
Today weâ€™re going to take a look at the different ingredients that make up Alpha Brain and outline all the different side effects and interactions that each individual ingredient could cause. Youâ€™ll also have a better understanding of how the supplement works â€“ the Alpha Brain scam, as some people call it, isnâ€™t real. Some people are just not as responsive to the compounds in the product. That way youâ€™ll be able to best decide for yourself if Alpha Brain is a good decision for you. If youâ€™re considering other compounds as well, check out our reviews of the most popular nootropics and boost your brain power.
Before we start talking about Alpha Brain, I need to provide a medical disclaimer here. The information presented in this article is not intended for the purpose of providing medical advice and should be taken as an information resource only.
ALPHA BRAIN BENEFITS
Before we break down the ingredient list, you should know about theÂ benefits of the Alpha Brain supplement. Among the benefits of Alpha Brain, memory and focus stand out among the others. However, Alpha Brain nootropic benefits extend beyond just memory and focus.
- Alpha BrainÂ enhances mental drive, which is different from focus because it motivates the individual to accomplish tasks and to use their brains as much as possible. This helps people optimize their function and keeps them on their game.
- Alpha Brain is known toÂ promote memory in all aspects. It enhances memory formation, allows people to optimize their working memory (which can be understood as the length of time it takes for new information to be assimilated and stored in long-term memory) as well as memory recall.
- Alpha Brain canÂ enhance verbal fluidityÂ and make it easier to socialize.
- If youâ€™re interested inÂ lucid dreaming,Â Alpha Brain can be a fantastic supplement for helping to increase dream recall and vividness. These things are both instrumental in helping an individual attain a state of lucidity in their dreams.
TheseÂ benefits are similarÂ to those that can be observed when using prescribed drugs for focus and concentration. Unfortunately, prescription drugs such as Adderall and Dexedrine are notorious for being addictive and causing serious, long-term problems. These drugs are simply not sustainable for everyone, and for that reason, Alpha Brain can be a fantastic alternative.Another interesting factor is considering Alpha Brain and alcohol. Prescription drugs generally donâ€™t mix well with alcohol and can lead to dangerous situations. Alpha Brain, on the other hand, is a lot less intense, and taking it with alcohol may make it easier to remember your night and less likely for you to blackout.
ALPHA BRAIN DOSAGE
Since Alpha Brain is a premade supplement, you donâ€™t have to worry about dosage. Itâ€™s formulated in a manner that optimizes each of the individual ingredients to work with each other. If youâ€™re wondering how long Alpha Brain lasts, youâ€™ll have a better understanding after you read how each ingredient works.
Some effects last longer than others. This is also important when youâ€™re deciding when to take Alpha Brain.Itâ€™s possible to split the doses, but doing so requires opening up the capsules and dividing the powder inside. In most cases, itâ€™s easier for people to simply take a full capsule.
Alpha Brain isnâ€™t overwhelmingly stimulating, and you donâ€™t have to worry about an Alpha Brain overdose.
INGREDIENTS IN ALPHA BRAIN
There areÂ quite a lot of ingredientsÂ in Alpha Brain. Some of them are more potent than others, and itâ€™s important to understand all of the different ingredients if youâ€™re going to be using the supplement.
Now, before you start thinking that Alpha Brain is a terrible idea because of all the potential side effects that could be caused, you have to remember that these effects generally only occur when youâ€™re taking very high doses. The formula behind Alpha Brain is quite carefully selected so you wonâ€™t be taking too much of any of the ingredients.
- AC-11, also known as Catâ€™s Claw, is a great herb for enhancing memory and improving blood flow throughout the body. However, for those who react adversely to Catâ€™s Claw, they may experience headaches and dizziness. This typically only happens when using large doses of this supplement on an empty stomach, and the amount included in Alpha Brain shouldnâ€™t be enough to cause this.
- Alpha-GPCÂ is one of the most well-understood compounds included in Alpha Brain, and a good part of the reason that the compound is named the way it is. Alpha-GPC is a very popular nootropic and a good source of choline. Side effects of high doses can include nausea and digestive upset.
- Bacopa monnieriÂ has been used for thousands of years in Vedic medicine and is a very safe substance. Excessive use can cause confusion and anxiety.
- Huperzine AÂ is another natural source of choline, and carries with it the risk of over-supplementation that come with any cholinergic. These include nausea, loss of appetite, digestive upset, and dizziness. Fortunately, the amount included in Alpha Brain isnâ€™t enough to cause these side effects in most people.
- L-LeucineÂ is known to cause fatigue when taken by itself, but fortunately Alpha Brain contains enough stimulating compounds to offset any fatigue that might be caused by L-Leucine.
- L-TheanineÂ is generally considered one of the safeset amino acid supplements. It doesnâ€™t cause any side effects and is fairly effective as a supplement for reducing anxiety and promoting relaxation without causing sleepiness or fatigue.
- L-TyrosineÂ is another amino acid supplement. Itâ€™s a precursor to dopamine, and your body converts it directly into the neurotransmitter. It carries the risk of dopaminergic side effects: nausea, diarrhea, and headaches.
- Oat strawÂ should obviously be avoided by people who have allergies to oats, but it generally doesnâ€™t cause any side effects on its own. Itâ€™s well-studied and is considered a safe supplement.
- PhosphatidylserineÂ only causes side effects when taken in high doses (higher than what youâ€™ll be exposed to in Alpha Brain) and these side effects include insomnia and nausea.
- PterostilbeneÂ has been studied quite a lot and has not been shown to cause any side effects yet.
- VinpocetineÂ is a great supplement for promoting memory and increasing dream recall. This is the main ingredient that contributes to Alpha Brainâ€™s ability to enhance lucid dreaming. If you take too much, you might notice nausea, skin flushing, and sleep disturbances.
Obviously, Alpha Brain is formulated with ingredients that donâ€™t have negative interactions with each other. This means youâ€™ll be safe to take it unless you have any specific allergies to any of the compounds involved. Most people donâ€™t experience side effects unless they take Alpha Brain on an empty stomach, and even then, a lot of people donâ€™t experience anything bad at all.
Iâ€™m not a doctor, but Iâ€™m experienced enough with nootropics to know that this mixture isnâ€™t inherently bad for you. Like anything, there are risks involved, and itâ€™s probably smarter to try each of these compounds by themselves so you can see how you react to them each individually.
Alpha Brain is a great supplement that combines a wide variety of nootropics that are all fantastic for helping to improve memory and cognition. They are mixed in a healthy balance that allows users to experience the benefits of all the ingredients without having to worry about a dangerous interaction.